Thanks for checking out my first post. 2020 has been a crazy year with everything going on in the world, so I wanted to share a platform of positive things. For me, it’s travel and exploring different places.
This is where the idea Always on the Shore came from. I’ve had the desire to travel for the longest time.
I just never had the opportunity or could even really afford to do it until a few years ago. Once I started traveling, though, I was hooked!
Checking out the shores of St. Thomas
Always on the Shore- This Blog
On this blog, I’ll be writing about the places I’ve been to and the places that I’ll be going to soon.
My travel plans often involve somewhere with beautiful beaches, but not every time (Hey, Minnesota winters are cold!). This will be about the nearby attractions, too.
I’ll be covering the must sees and dos are in the places that I travel to. For example, the best places for tourists to go or even locations off the beaten path.
Many of the trips that I go on are with family, so I’ll be writing about family-friendly activities and adventures, as well.
I’ll also share tips, like what to expect for costs, and give reviews for restaurants and breweries!
I’m going to cover things including how to save money when booking flights, how to travel on a budget, and still have an amazing time. You can see more about that on this page.
Some Interesting Things About Me
1. I have a 21 year old son, him and I are very close and he’s oftentimes my travel buddy.
2. Until 2016, I had only been on a plane twice! I’ve been on many flights since I started traveling.
3. I’ve still never flown on a plane outside of the United States! I hope to soon.
4. I’ve been on 3 cruises, though, all to the Caribbean.
5. Florida is my favorite place to travel to in the United States. I go there several times a year.
Always on the Shore- Where I’m Going
My next trip is to Miami and Key West! I can’t wait to go there and see everything that the area has to offer.